“We need those to pay for this,” says developer Tyler Morse, standing in the middle of Eero Saarinen’s iconic TWA Flight Center at John F. Kennedy Airport. “Those” are the two seven-story, black-glass buildings containing 512 hotel rooms, built at a cost of about $200 million, and opening to the public today. “This” is the Flight Center, which Morse has spent about $65 million restoring to its former glory, and which now serves as a spectacular lobby for his TWA Hotel.
- Memorial Service for Jonathan Ratila 01/26/20
- New PM in Finland; she is 34 (the world’s youngest.)
- FINNISH BREAKFAST! Saturday, January 25,
- The novel “Crossing” by Finnish writer Pajtim Statovci nominated for National Book Award
- ‘Finland’s Munch’: the unnerving art of Helene Schjerfbeck | Art and design